Captain Tawfiq ShehabAssistant Marine Operation Manager
Kuwait Port Authority (KPA), Kuwait
10:45 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Enhancing the competitiveness of MENA ports and envisioning the future of the regional economy
Port authorities are presently engaged in a number of major expansion projects aimed at increasing the capacity and competitiveness of their ports, with many new terminals and hinterland infrastructure projects underway in the region. In this session, the senior leadership from port authorities and operators will be invited to discuss what their plans are to ensure the future competitiveness of their ports.
This session will discuss:
- What can regional authorities do to ensure that they remain competitive to international shipping?
- What projects are currently underway in the MENA to achieve this?
- What future plans are in place to ensure the continued prominence of the maritime industry?
- How does geopolitical tension affect the market?
- How can regional ports minimise the risk of overcapacity?
12:30 PM The future of terminal automation: Boosting operations and productivity and increasing safety
• How do you make an informed decision before investing and what must be considered?
• Deploying various solutions to analyse traffic flow at port, minimise congestion and realize operational efficiencies
• Challenges of Implementing ISPS Code