Hussein El ShazlyGeneral Manager of West Port Said
General Authority for Suez Canal Economic Zone
- The effect of canal expansion to predict the future of Egyptian port operation
- New projects in Suez Canal development corridor
- Importance of the region in the global context
10:45 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Enhancing the competitiveness of MENA ports and envisioning the future of the regional economy
Port authorities are presently engaged in a number of major expansion projects aimed at increasing the capacity and competitiveness of their ports, with many new terminals and hinterland infrastructure projects underway in the region. In this session, the senior leadership from port authorities and operators will be invited to discuss what their plans are to ensure the future competitiveness of their ports.
This session will discuss:
- What can regional authorities do to ensure that they remain competitive to international shipping?
- What projects are currently underway in the MENA to achieve this?
- What future plans are in place to ensure the continued prominence of the maritime industry?
- How does geopolitical tension affect the market?
- How can regional ports minimise the risk of overcapacity?