UK Marine Alliance, Smart Ports
9:10 AM Chairman’s opening remarks
- Partnership opportunities
- Trade Globalisation or Investment Regionalisation? The impact on Middle Eastern seaports
- Collaboration with private sector - Shippers as drivers of a sustainable supply chain
- Digitisation and developing the port of the future
- Impact of game changers and drivers on the port industries
2:30 PM HARBOUR SIDE CHAT: What effect is the consolidation of shipping lines having on port capacity and how can the Middle East ensure competition in the market?
- How is digitisation leveling the playing field for ports, shipping lines and cargo stakeholders?
- Landside customer versus shipping lines: How can ports capitalise on the landside opportunity whilst still remaining attractive to shipping lines?
- How are trade patterns expected to change and what effect is this going to have on Oman’s port capacity?
4:15 PM Chairman’s closing remarks
9:15 AM Chairman’s opening remarks
12:00 PM HARBOUR SIDE CHAT: How can future ports leverage digital technology to connect stakeholders and unlock bottlenecks?
- Utilising digital technology to uncover digital trade corridors for global trade
- Using IoT to optimise port-hinterland connections and reduce landside logistics delays
- Using data insights to optimise and govern the supply chain