Senior Director, Head of Business Development & PMO
King Abdullah Economic City
9:50 AM Project spotlight: KAEC’s Industrial Valley success as the new logistics and manufacturing hub on the Red Sea
- Latest developments of the King Abdullah Port
- Best practices to attract investment for projects expansion
- Successful collaboration between business and government to address emerging economic realities
10:45 AM PANEL DISCUSSION: Enhancing the competitiveness of MENA ports and envisioning the future of the regional economy
Port authorities are presently engaged in a number of major expansion projects aimed at increasing the capacity and competitiveness of their ports, with many new terminals and hinterland infrastructure projects underway in the region. In this session, the senior leadership from port authorities and operators will be invited to discuss what their plans are to ensure the future competitiveness of their ports.
This session will discuss:
- What can regional authorities do to ensure that they remain competitive to international shipping?
- What projects are currently underway in the MENA to achieve this?
- What future plans are in place to ensure the continued prominence of the maritime industry?
- How does geopolitical tension affect the market?
- How can regional ports minimise the risk of overcapacity?